Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is always looking for great talent. Although our resorts and offices are currently closed to protect the health and safety of our employees, applications are still being accepted. Hiring will resume as soon as normal operations resume.
Seeking a skilled Ticketed Machinist/Tradesman for in house tool and equipment fabrication. Must also be interested and show an aptitude to learn about the operation and maintenance of ski area lift equipment. Work involves shop time and the great outdoors in both summer and winter conditions. Must be fit and enjoy working within a team.
What you’ll be doing:
• Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that we care
• Read diagrams, schematic drawings and manufactures manuals to determine work procedures.
• Operate lift equipment
• Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, connect couplings and belt, rebuild sheave trains, rebuild and service grips, and other lift related equipment all to manufactures specs.
• Align and test equipment and make necessary adjustments.
• Perform preventive and operational maintenance using the procedures recommended by the manufacture and developed within our department to meet regulatory and code requirements.
• Troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic and lift related equipment.
• Keep accurate records of work performed as well as parts used to assist in PM planning and inventory control.
• Ensure work orders, time sheets and lift logs are filled out correctly, legibly and returned in a timely manner.
Top five reasons to work in Lift Maintenance:
1. Working outside in Whistler British Columbia
2. Once in a lifetime learning experience
3. Best schedule – 3 days off every week.
4. Every single working day presents challenges different from the last day
5. Great team environment
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 210629